Get to Know Me Worksheet
See the complete Get to Know Me Worksheet / All About Me Worksheet Here!
More Other WorksheetsKindergarten Worksheet My Room
Spanish Verb Worksheets
Cooking Vocabulary Worksheet
DNA Code Worksheet
Meiosis Worksheet Answer Key
Art Handouts and Worksheets
7 Elements of Art Worksheets
All Amendment Worksheet
Symmetry Art Worksheets
Daily Meal Planning Worksheet
Practice introducing yourself with these Get to Know Me Worksheets!
Summary: Self-introduction is making yourself known to someone else. Introducing ourselves is essential because it could open various doors for many chances. Hence, parents and teachers should guide young students to practice this activity through many learning strategies and mediums.
What is Self-Introduction?
Introducing yourself is the first step in entering society. The introduction makes people know and understand what kind of person you are. However, even if we consider this process mundane, many people still feel nervous when we need to introduce ourselves. Yes! Even adults sometimes experience speech anxiety when they meet new people. According to the Global Indian International School, self-introduction is making yourself known to someone else. When we introduce ourselves, we give them personal information, such as names. On the set of the first day of school, students will provide their names, ages, hobbies, favourites food, colour or animal, and more.
As the children grow up, self-introduction becomes more necessary, which is the door to various chances. Hence, as adults, we should prepare our students and children to do a self-introduction. The children might encounter their first self-introduction experience on the first day of kindergarten. The parents could prepare the base of self-introduction for their kids at home. Meanwhile, the teacher could hone and expand their skill at the school.
How to do A Self-Introduction?
Speaking in front of many new people you have just met must be challenging. With all the eyes watching you, letting out a sound from your mouth would feel scary. Do not worry; it is normal to feel nervous in this situation. Take a deep breath and assure yourself that everything is okay. Your children might feel those conditions when required to do a self-introduction. To help you ease, here are steps to do a self-introduction that you might teach to your kids:
- Help your children to prepare themselves by guiding and practising the introduction.
- Make sure the speech is simple.
- Remind your kids to keep calm and confident.
- Make sure they mention their name at the beginning of the introduction.
- Encourage the children to engage in eye contact with the audience.
- Tell your kids to put on a smile and use simple hand gestures.
Why Should We Introduce Ourselves?
While practising for the self-introduction, your kids might attack you with a question, "why do we need to introduce ourselves?" Here are some answers or the reasons why self-introduction is necessary. The teachers and parents could simplify these statements to suit their students and children's understanding.
- Widen your connection.
- Find new friends.
- Improve public-speaking skills.
- Practice social and literacy skills.
- Open many unexpected chances.
- Build critical thinking abilities.
- Boost self-confidence.
How to Teach Self-Introductions to Young Students?
Teaching self-introduction to young students requires a unique learning strategy. The method should be unique because, unlike other topics in English lessons, the students learn self-introduction through direct experience. According to the British Council, the purpose of the self-introduction chapter is for students to introduce themselves in the correct tone and pronunciation. Below is the lesson plan to teach self-introduction:
- Start the class with warm-up activities. You might engage the children in a simple game, tell a short story, sing a song, or watch short movies. These activities will prepare the student's brain to learn.
- Introduce the students to the chapter they are going to learn. Throw some questions to trigger their base knowledge before you explain the lesson in detail.
- Explain the lesson, give examples, and ask the students to practice self-introduction with partners.
- Do an icebreaker activity to avoid boredom and ease the students' minds.
- Ask the students to come to the in front of the classroom and have them introduce themselves.
- End the lesson with a conclusion from the teachers and some students.
What is the Proper Example of Self-Introduction?
The young students can practice doing a self-introduction through various mediums such as videos, the Get to Know Me Worksheets for Kindergarten, or by a direct example. Teachers and parents could demonstrate how to do a proper introduction speech. Here is a decent model of self-introduction for kindergarten students. You could adjust this speech to your kids' needs.
"Hello, everyone, my name is Ellena Wood, and you can call me Ellena. I was born on 1st February. I live in Sunflower streets, it is around here so you guys should come and we can play together! My family consist of four. I have my Mom, Dad, and Holly. Holly is my dog, but he is part of our family. I love to draw, and I have many coloured books and pencils colours. If you also love to draw, we can do it together later. My favourite colour is yellow because it is the colour of my beloved flower, the sunflower. My favourite meal is the carbonara spaghetti and vanilla milkshake. I love watching the Japanese cartoon Doraemon. I hope we can be friends in this class. Thank you. Bye-bye."
Have something to tell us about the gallery?